Thursday

tea and something else....


After my afternoon appt...I decided I would relax for a bit at 'Tea and Sympathy', a favorite of mine certainly not for the cramped quarters but for my love of all things British, especially tea, scones and clotted cream. To my sadness they were filming some movie or another right there in T&S, my luck, right? So no sympathy for me, but I found tea elsewhere and close by at a cute, homey cafe; 'Grounded', an organic coffee and tea house, just my style. Even their milk was organic to my delight, and the atmosphere was perfect for just relaxing and reading the Times...funnily enough, it was full of bloggers and their laptops.

Also in a nice offset of circumstances, since I was forced to cross the street because of the filming in T&S, I was set right in front of 'OTTE', a lovely boutique which I have walked by before but never stopped into. What a great find. It's fantastic, full of designers I love; 3.1 by Philip Lim, Sonia Rykiel, See by Chloe and quite a few newer NYC designers I hadn't heard of but loved their pieces.

Tea and Sympathy
in the West Village at
108 Greenwich Avenue
New York, NY 10011

between 12th & 13th Street
opposite the entrance to
Jane Street

open:
Mon - Fri from 11.00am - 10.30pm
Sat - Sun from 9.30am - 10.30pm

Grounded
28 Jane Street
New York, NY
212-647-0943
Subway: A/C/E to 14th Street

OTTE
121 Greenwich Ave.
NY,NY
212-229-9424

No comments: